Friday, June 14, 2013

DIY: Flower display

Azaleas & Chives in re-purposed honey container
Each year, the first weekend of May marks the all so - famous 93 year tradition of the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival in North Central Washington.  Just about every community/town in the area has their own (fill in the blank) Blossom Festival in the spring.  We love joining in the unique, small town traditions and celebrations.

This year after the Grand Parade, we had some friends over for a cook out.  I decided since it was the inaugural 2013 patio party,  I wanted to add a special touch to the celebration.  I had several empty honey containers in my craft room and fresh flowers blooming in the back yard.  Both are quite happy in my opinion, so I thought, what better combination to use for FREE decor?!  :)

I cleaned the honey bears well and prepared them for paint.  I simply sprayed them with white spray paint and let them dry overnight.  The next morning I cut some flowers, which I believe are azalea's and combined them with some chives (we have an overabundance of chives!) and set them out near the food line and on the table we ate around.  I absolutely loved the color and clean look of the flower display!  If you try this at home, please let me know!  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Happy Friday to you all!






No comments: